MILWAUKEE, WIS. – Sept. 22, 2020 – First Business Bank is pleased to announce the winning nonprofits and golfers who played for them in the 2020 First Business Bank Charity Golf Invitational in Milwaukee. The First Business Bank Charity Golf Invitational is a forum where local business leaders compete for a local charity of their choice. The event was designed with two-person teams competing in a best ball format. First Business Bank covers 100 percent of the event costs.
Winning golfers and charities from the two flights at the event hosted at Oconomowoc Golf Club today include:
Handicap Flight Winners
- First Place - $15,000 won on behalf of Above & Beyond The Playground by Joe Klein & Derek Schneider
- Second Place - $6,000 won on behalf of The Milwaukee Urban League by Tim & Terry Wallen
- Third Place Tie- $3,000 won on behalf of Ronald McDonald House & ADHD America by Doug Weas & Steve Kilian
- Third Place Tie - $3,000 won on behalf of Beyond Vision by Bob Bell & Michael MacNeil
- Third Place Tie - $3,000 won on behalf of St. Marcus Lutheran School by James Boyle & Mark Ciborowski
Callaway Flight Winners
- First Place - $3,000 won on behalf of Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by Ross Zahour & Todd Trzcinski
- Second Place Tie - $750 won on behalf of Young Life by Jamie Zussman & John Major
- Second Place Tie - $750 won on behalf of Alzheimer's Association by Mike Jankowski & John Wink
First-place winning nonprofit Above and Beyond the Playground was founded by Deonte Tatum in 2012 with a vision to prepare student athletes for life beyond the game. With a robust after school program and financial awards sending students to college, the nonprofit found itself recently without a home.
“Our programs were housed in Brown Deer High School, but with the pandemic, we had to find a new place,” says Tatum. “A few months ago, we partnered with Evangel Assembly and just got our computer lab installed there. I was just saying that I don’t know how we’re going to serve 48 kids – that’s how my morning started.”
Tatum said nonprofit Board Member Joe Klein told him earlier that he and Derek Schneider were playing on behalf of Above and Beyond The Playground in the First Business Bank Golf Tournament. “I started out the morning wondering how we were going to make it, and Joe (Klein) texted me later that day that he’d won $15,000 for us. It’s amazing. It couldn’t have come at a better time.”
Kevin Kane, newly hired as President – Milwaukee Region of First Business Bank, was pleased to attend. "Coming up on just my second week at First Business Bank, I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to take part in this unique event,” says Kane. “The local business executives’ passion and competitive drive on behalf of these nonprofit causes is truly impressive.”
The First Business Bank Charity Golf Invitational began in 2011 and has raised nearly $500,000 for local charities in Madison and Milwaukee. For more information about the event, go to https://firstbusiness.bank/events/first-business-invitational-mke/.
About First Business Bank
First Business Financial Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: FBIZ) is a bank holding company and parent of First Business Bank focused on the unique needs of businesses, business executives, and high net worth individuals. First Business offers business banking, specialty finance, and private wealth management solutions, and, through its niche focus, provides clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility, and responsiveness.