Community banks are under pressure to manage their investment portfolios very wisely amidst the current interest rate climate. It’s a top priority, but so is finding banking talent and keeping your clients satisfied. Outsourcing your bank’s Investment Portfolio Services to a team of highly experienced, reputable industry experts is efficient and offers peace of mind.
We will provide names of experts you can select to serve as your investment officers and bring:
• Over 60 years combined investment management experience
• A balance sheet approach to investment management
• Expansive bank investment portfolio expertise in all asset classes
• Execution through your existing broker-dealer based on established investment parameters
NEVADA INVESTMENT SUBSIDIARIES
Financial institutions establish a Nevada investment subsidiary to outsource and manage all or a portion of their fixed income investment portfolio. By partnering with First Business Bank’s Bank Consulting team, your bank will gain the experience and knowledge of more than 60 years of combined experience managing bank balance sheets.
Your Nevada subsidiary shares office space at our offices located at 6920 S. Cimarron Road, Suite 204, Las Vegas, Nevada 89113, which includes:
• Office space
• Computer equipment
• Optional dedicated phone line
• Secured, fire proof file cabinets
• Conference room
GENERAL LEDGER SERVICES
We provide general ledger services for the daily accounting of your bank’s investment subsidiary.
• Daily transaction input
• Monthly financial statements
• Data files mapped to parent bank general ledger
• Reconciliation of investment portfolio reports to general ledger and safekeeping system
• Controls and processes to be reviewed annually by an outside public accounting firm
BOND ACCOUNTING & SAFEKEEPING SERVICES
Your investment subsidiary can choose to keep its current bond accounting and safekeeping relationships or have First Business Bank negotiate these services, with the benefit of transparent fees.
• To protect the investment subsidiary’s assets, all purchases and sales are delivery versus payment (DVP) or receive versus payment (RVP)
• Free deliveries will only be permitted with prior consent from your parent bank
• Outgoing wires will only be permitted if they are processed with a repetitive wire destination approved by your parent bank
• Bond accounting will be processed and reconciled monthly
• Investment portfolio analytics will be generated quarterly with custom analysis available
Sign up to get First Business Bank Reports, Articles, Event Invites & More