The 2021 Wisconsin Manufacturing Report™ is a new, comprehensive, annual report that gauges Wisconsin manufacturing executives’ perceptions of the state of their business, their outlook on manufacturing, and identifies and explores key issues impacting their business and employees.
Pollster Rob Autry of Charleston, South Carolina-based Meeting Street Research conducted phone interviews with 400 manufacturing executives, representing a geographically proportional cross-section of Wisconsin, between Aug. 16 and Sept. 12, 2021. Five focus groups of manufacturing executives provide depth to the key issues identified from the interviews, including:
- Perception of current business climate and economy
- Revenue, capital expenditures, and profitability predictions
- Issues impacting manufacturers
- Cybersecurity trends in manufacturing
- COVID-19 impact on manufacturers
- Hiring difficulties in manufacturing
The Wisconsin Center for Manufacturing and Productivity (WCMP) commissioned this study in collaboration with WMEP Manufacturing Solutions (WMEP) and the University of Wisconsin-Stout Manufacturing Outreach Center (MOC). The Wisconsin Manufacturing Report™ is sponsored by First Business Bank.