For employers, the competitive job market presents challenges to retain employees and opportunities to attract those with shifting career ambitions. This episode of the First Business Bank Podcast features two recently hired First Business Bank employees discussing what attracted them to their positions and:
- How often employees are hearing from recruiters and what makes an opportunity intriguing?
- What can organizations do to make job offers less attractive to retain current employees?
- What topped their priorities as they considered changing jobs?
- What challenges they encountered transitioning to a new company?
- How important is culture when considering a new opportunity?
- What does a great first day, week, or month look like?
While discussing their personal experiences, we uncover steps many employers can take to improve retention and hiring to benefit their companies now and in the long run.